Arthur Stock is a Senior Attorney at Greg Coleman who provides legal service for commercial, financial, securities, and consumer class actions. Previously he had been a shareholder at Berger Montague in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for over 20 years. He has also represented whistleblowers in qui tam actions in federal courts, and in administrative proceedings before the Securities Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Stock was a principal litigator in numerous class actions, including: Merrill Lynch Inc. Securities Litigation, which resulted in a $475 million settlement on behalf of investors in Merrill Lynch securities; Lee v. Enterprise Leasing Co., where class members recovered 80% of alleged damages from allegedly illegal charges Nevada airport car rentals; and Vasco v. PHRG, an action brought under the Consumer Telecommunications Protection Act, where Class Members recovered $5.2 million from a business that had allegedly called consumers for telemarketing purposes without obtaining prior express consent.
Before he entered private practice, Mr. Stock served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Jackson L. Kiser, United States District Court of the Western District of Virginia.
Mr. Stock is licensed only in Pennsylvania and North Carolina.
Representative reported decisions:
- Richardson v. Verde Energy USA, Inc., 354 F.Supp.3d 639 (E.D.Pa. 2018), and 2016 WL 7380708 (E.D. Pa. Dec. 19, 2016), (sustaining Complaint and partially denying summary judgment in TCPA class action)
- South Peninsula Hospital v. Xerox State Healthcare LLC, 223 F.Supp.3d 929 (D. Alaska 2016) (sustaining Complaint in Class Action brought on behalf of healthcare providers in Alaska for improper delays and denials of Medicaid reimbursement caused by allegedly defective software)
- Vasco v. PHRG, 2016 WL 5930876 (E.D. Pa. Oct. 12, 2016) (approving consumer class action settlement)
- Lee v. Enterprise Leasing Co.-West, 2015 WL 2345540 (D. Nev. May 15, 2015), and 300 F.R.D. 466 (D. Nev. 2014), and 30 F.Supp.3d 1002 (D. Nev. 2014) (granting plaintiffs’ motions for summary judgment, class certification, and approval of settlement, in consumer class action alleging overcharges on airport car rentals)
- In re Clarus Corp. Securities Litigation, 201 F.Supp.2d 1244 (N.D. Ga. 2002) (sustaining Complaint in securities fraud class action)
- “Theory v. Practice: A Comment on Orin Kerr’s ‘A Theory of Law’,” 16 Green Bag 2d 224 (Winter, 2013)
- “Make Way for Lawsuits,” 11th Annual NERA Finance, Law & Economics Securities Litigation Conference.
- Yale University, B.A. with distinction in economics
- Two majors: economics and philosophy
- Duke University School of Law, J.D. with high honors
- Articles Editor, Duke Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- State Courts of North Carolina
- State Courts of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Tax Court