Types of Auto Accidents
With over 3 million types of auto accidents and auto accident injuries occurring each year, vehicle wrecks are one of the leading causes of personal injury in the country. A car wreck can be responsible for property damage, financial losses, physical injuries and sometimes death.
If you have been injured in a Tennessee auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, repair costs, loss of future earnings and other damages such as emotional suffering and physical pain.
Common Types of Car Accidents
There are many types of auto accidents that can happen in an instant, and yet the affects can last a lifetime. However, the severity of injuries and property damage often depends on the type of accident that has occurred.
Auto accidents can generally be separated into five categories: rear-end, side-impact, sideswipe; rollover; and head-on.
- Rear-end accidents. A rear-end collision happens when one vehicle hits the car directly in front of it. This typically happens when the car in front suddenly slows down or brakes, or when the second car accelerates too quickly.
- Side-impact accidents. Also known as a T-bone accident or being broad-sided, a side-impact collision refers to an accident where the side of one vehicle is hit by either the front or rear of another car or by an object.
- Sideswipe accidents. Sideswipe collisions usually only result in property damage. These types of accidents occur when two parallel cars moving in the same direction touch each other or when a car swipes a fixed object, such as a pole or a mailbox.
- Rollover accidents. A vehicle rollover is when a vehicle flips onto its side or onto its roof. Rollover accidents are common in Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) and typically occur from a driver taking a sharp turn at a high speed.
- Head-on collisions. A head-on collision is defined as the front ends of two separate vehicles crashing directly into each other. It can be argued that head-on collisions are the worst type of car accident, with many of these accidents being fatal.
- Single car accident. A single car accident occurs when only one vehicle is involved, sometimes striking an object such as a wall, rails, fire hydrants, etc. These types of accidents can result to property damage or even personal injury.
Contact The Car Accident Lawyer Tennessee Can Trust
Whether you were involved in a single-car accident or a multi-car pileup, or have been injured in an auto accident, it is very important that you contact a skilled car wreck lawyer as soon as possible to explore your legal options.
YOU may be eligible to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering - our auto accident attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve and are prepared to fight for your personal injury claim.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact our personal injury attorneys. For immediate assistance, you can contact us by simply filling out our online contact form.