Types of Truck Accidents in Knoxville
Truck accidents can lead to serious injuries, whether you are hit directly one by a large truck or slide under the bottom of one. These injuries can be very disrupting to a victim and their family's everyday life.
Our experienced team of Tennessee truck accident lawyers are dedicated to fighting for the rights of the injured and can help you get the compensation you deserve. We have experience representing those who have been injured or died in a variety of types of truck accidents, and can help you fight for your rights.
Call (865) 247-0080 to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Truck Accidents
Commercial vehicles are utilized for a variety of reasons, including:
- Cargo delivery
- Hauling passengers
- Hazardous material transportation
- Waste disposal
- Secure currency movement
These varied uses can lead to numerous types of truck accidents, including:
- Rollovers, which can happen when truck tires do not properly grip the road and cause the truck to roll to its side. This is the most common type of truck accident.
- T-Bone or Side-impact collisions, which happen when a tractor-trailer or semi-truck unsuccessfully switches lanes, causing a side collision accident with another vehicle.
- Rear-end accidents, which take place when a truck hits a vehicle from behind or vice versa. Rear-end truck accidents often cause much more significant damage and harm due to the sheer impact of their carrying load compared to much smaller vehicles.
- Under-ride wrecks, which happen when a truck slams on its breaks or if a following vehicle is distracted, causing a smaller vehicle behind the truck to travel under its rear trailer. Under-ride truck accidents can often result in severe damage to the other vehicle, and severe injury of the occupants of the other vehicle.
- Jackknife smashes, which occur when a truck quickly brakes or skids, and causes the trailer to swing out and the tractor to turn toward the trailer. This gives the appearance of a folding pocketknife. This often results in one of the most dangerous and deadly trucking accidents on the road.
- Head on crashes, which can happen with any vehicle, but are potentially the most dangerous when a semi-truck is involved, due to the impact caused by the size and weight of the truck.
Injuries and Causes of Truck Accidents
There are a variety of factors that may contribute to truck accidents. Poor weather conditions, the time of day, road surfaces, and even the day of the week can impact highway crashes. Additional causes include driver fatigue, aggressive driving, inexperienced drivers, truck defects, equipment failure, truck loads that are above the maximum weight limit, speeding, unsafe lane changing and failure to maintain proper distance.
Serious injuries may occur in truck accidents. Because commercial vehicles like semi-trucks, tractor trailers, and 18-wheelers are so large and heavy, victims can sustain significant injuries, even fatalities. Common injuries include: severe burns, limb damage requiring amputation, facial scarring, spinal cord damage, internal injuries, paralysis, broken bones and brain injuries. If you or a family member has experienced any of these injuries due to a truck accident, contact our truck accident lawyers and find out what you can do to receive monetary compensation.
Our Knoxville Lawyers Can Help
With millions in previously recovered compensation amounts for our clients, our Knoxville-based injury attorneys are ready to help you fight for the justice you deserve. Whether you are an injured victim or you have experienced the loss of your loved one, the legal team at the Greg Coleman Law Firm is available to help you go after the maximum compensation for your injuries and suffering.
We will evaluate your case for free. Personal injury litigation does not have to be complicated and messy. Let the Greg Coleman Law Firm take charge of your claim and guide you towards financial compensation.