Knoxville Social Security Disability Lawyers
Each year thousands of claims for Social Security Disability insurance are denied. Successfully obtaining benefits, under Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), can be very challenging without assistance.
SSI disability benefits are often wrongfully reduced or denied, and the appeals process can be complicated and tedious. Remember, you only have 60 days to file an appeal if your benefits are denied by the Social Security Administration.
The experienced Knoxville disability lawyers at Greg Coleman Law believe you have a right to financial assistance when a disability prevents you from working and we are here to help guide clients through the social security claims and appeals process. Let us help you assemble a compelling and comprehensive disability case.
Types of Social Security Claims
Our Social Security disability attorneys are here to help you qualify for the Social Security disability benefits you deserve. We will assist with the beginning paperwork to ensure that your report clearly spells out your cases major issues.
There are four types of Social Security claims which have been created in an attempt to cater to the many diverse and unique situations that could benefit from disability payments.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). SSDI benefits provide money to a person who has worked five of the ten past years, but has sustained an injury so severe that they are no longer capable of working.
- Disabled Widows and Widowers Benefits.These types of benefits provide compensation to widows and widowers who have become disabled within an allotted amount of time after the death of their spouse.
- Disabled Adult Child Benefits. Disabled Adult Child benefits give monetary support to children who have become disabled before the age of 22 and whose parents are deceased or are currently receiving Social Security benefits themselves.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI). SSI disability benefits are similar to SSDI benefits; however, instead of taking into account past work, SSI benefits are distributed based on the income of the claimant. SSI benefits are available to both disabled children and adults.
It is important to note that Social Security disability payments are paid upon a Social Security earnings record - it does NOT matter if the applicant is rich or poor.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) not only denies more than half of all initial SSD applications, but the agency is well-known for a drawn-out appeals process that requires extensive paperwork and documentation. Our reputable lawyers are known for making this complicated process much easier.
Requirements to Receive Social Security Benefits
While each type of Social Security claim has its own criteria for eligibility, there are a few requirements necessary for anyone looking to pursue a Social Security claim.
- You must be unemployed when you file to receive benefits.
- You must be unable to work at your former job.
- You must be unable to perform ANY other available work.
- Your disability or impairment must be terminal or last for a minimum of 12 months.
- Your injury must meet the federal definition of a severe impairment.
As with many government financial programs, even if an applicant meets all the criteria listed above, there is still a chance that your claim can be denied.
It is important to note that there are a number of services that a knowledgeable attorney can provide to assist SSD recipients and to help them obtain the benefits that they need.
At the law offices of Greg Coleman Law our team of highly skilled attorneys have detailed knowledge of these laws and can guide you safely through the entire application process.
What Does It Cost To Hire An SSDI Attorney?
Greg Coleman Law believes Social Security is a basic right of every American citizen, and we believe benefits should be made available when a person becomes disabled or when additional income is needed.
At our firm, we work on a contingency-only basis. This means that we only charge for our fees and services if we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.
If you are unsure if you have a case or not, and aren't sure if you should call - we also offer a 100% FREE initial case review. This allows our potential customers to provide the details about their social security disability application to our attorneys, who then review the details to determine if they are able to assist or not.
If so, we will then advise on the best way to move forward with proceedings.
Social Security Disability Statistics
In a 2011 report issued by the Social Security Administration, it was noted that disability payments were made to 9.8 million people, with over 900,000 disabled workers accounting for approximately 89% of all disability benefits that were paid that year (over $10.4 billion).
Due to the collectively-large financial figures involved, social security disability is one of the most difficult benefits for people with disabilities to obtain - with most applications being rejected the first time that they are received.
As you may imagine, the end result is that people that are genuinely eligible to receive these benefits often get discouraged by the rejection, and then simply give up trying.
Contactour Knoxville Social Security Disability Lawyers Today
With our main office located in Knoxville, our social security disability attorney team is licensed to practice law across the entire state of Tennessee, where we proudly serve the residents of Knox County and the surrounding area.
To find out more, please contact us by calling (865) 247-0080 and a member from our team will collect some information about your case, and then quickly refer you to one of our attorneys - it's that easy.
If you would like to start immediately, simply complete Free Case Evaluation form; it's 100% FREE and we will be in contact with you shortly upon receipt of your message.