Knoxville Defends Its Residence Against Winter Snow Storms
Posted on behalf of Greg Coleman Law on Feb 13, 2014 in Auto Accident
Winter snow storms have swept the nation for several weeks in a row, while Knoxville has remained no stranger to these storms. The snow began to fall around 2:15 P.M. on Wednesday with a Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 P.M. on Thursday evening. Knoxville and surrounding areas have the potential to get from 4 to 7 inches of snow, which could cripple our roadways if drivers are not prepared.
As many other states were ill prepared for these enormous snow storms, leaving dozens of drivers stranded in the streets, our emergency response teams and road crews were prepared for the worst in Knoxville and across the state of Tennessee. In fact, there are 15 four-wheel drive vehicles loaded with 30 responders ready to answer to emergency calls.
At Greg Coleman Law Firm, our auto accident attorneys would like to do our part in protecting this community while driving in winter storm conditions. Therefore we have gathered some helpful tips for driving in the snow and other winter conditions. Some tips for winter snow storm driving include:
- Never warm your car in an enclosed area
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated
- Put on snow tires if available
- Always keep your gas tank half full to avoid freezing
- Never use cruise control on slippery surfaces
- Use your seat belt at all times while in your vehicle
- Pay attention to weather reports prior to driving
- Reduce your speed while driving in the snow
- Increase your stopping distance while driving in the snow
- Increase your following distance while driving in the snow
- Never accelerate while going uphill in the snow
- Never stop while going uphill in the snow
- If you are not comfortable driving in the snow, stay home
Visit Greg Coleman Laws Winter Vehicle Preparation Tips page for more helpful hints about driving in the snow. If you have been injured by a negligent driver in these harsh conditions, contact a personal injury lawyer at our law firm in Knoxville at (865) 247-0080 or complete the free case evaluation form on this page today.